- Modular design
- Developed especially to be used with wastewater and sludge
- Not easily affected by coarse and floating material
- Low maintenance requirements
The HUBER RoWin Heat Exchanger consists of a welded stainless steel construction in which horizontal pipe modules are arranged in parallel. The pipe modules are made of stainless steel to achieve maximum heat transfer efficiency. The pre-screened wastewater flows through the heat exchanger and, via the compactly arranged pipes, gives off its thermal energy to the cooling water.
Due to the specific chemicalbiological properties of wastewater a biofilm is developed over time on the heat transfer surfaces that significantly impairs heat transfer. Preventive cleaning of the heat transfer surfaces therefore is applied to ensure the maximum heat transfer capacity is permanently maintained. Sediments and solids settling on the tank floor are removed by a screw conveyor and returned to the sewer along with the cooled wastewater.
The HUBER RoWin Heat Exchanger is available, as required, with an outer insulation for particularly exposed sites. Installed above ground, the system offers the benefits of easy maintenance and operation. Due to its modular design the HUBER RoWin Heat Exchanger can be tailored to suit specific site requirements. In combination with a heat pump up to several hundred kilowatts of thermal output can be generated, depending on the unit size. With the optimal combination of both systems municipalities or industrial enterprises can cover up to 80 % of the heat required from wastewater as energy source.
- large heat exchange area at small footprint
- timed preventive cleaning
- automatic sediments discharge
- space-saving construction due to effective pre-screening
- modular design
- covers a big range of mass flows
- only little cooling-down of the wastewater necessary (dT = 2K)
- high heat transmission coefficient