For advanced water treatment needs, MIOX® on-site generators produce Mixed Oxidant solution and are optimized for challenging applications. The chlorine-based solution has all the oxidant power of sodium hypochlorite with additional benefits including biofilm removal, Disinfection Byproduct (DBP) reduction, improved taste and odor, and improved water clarification.
The on-site generation of chlorine-based chemistries provides a safe, economical and effective solution for the treatment of water. For a variety of applications from drinking water treatment to microbiological control in cooling towers, on site generation lets you generate what you need, when you need it. This powerful and highly effective oxidant is generated without creating or transporting hazardous chemicals, ensuring the safety of personnel and the surrounding community.
MIOX® on-site generation systems generate mixed oxidant chemistry using three common consumables: water, salt and power. On-site generators produce chlorine-based disinfectants when a solution of sodium chloride (salt + water) is passed through an electrolytic cell. This process converts the chloride ions present in the solution to mixed oxidant solution, similar to sodium hypochlorite but with additional treatment benefits of peroxide including biofilm removal, disinfection byproduct (DBP) reduction, improved taste and odor, and improved water clarification. MIOX customers maintain more consistent control and residuals with lower doses.
At the heart of every De Nora electrochlorination system are DSA® electrodes pioneered by De Nora.
- Advanced disinfection capabilities including biofilm removal, disinfection byproduct (DBP) reduction, improved taste and odor, and improved water clarification. Customers maintain more consistent control and residuals with lower doses.
- Small footprint, easy to install and operate with minimal maintenance hours required including optional self-cleaning on some models
- Remote monitoring and control capability helps ensure optimal operation and reduced on-site time
- Modular electrolytic cells allow for system expansion in the same footprint
- Systems optimized for ease of use, reliability and performance
- Pre-assembled and factory tested package ensures simple installation and small footprint