High Heads and Low Flows
This cost-effective package is perfect for new water line projects where guaranteed results and ease of installation are important. Its small, multistage, stainless steel bowl assembly delivers 10 to 300 gpm at heads to 800 feet. It requires only a foundation slab, a connection to suction and discharge lines, and power. It solves the problem of low-pressure areas without the added expense of constructing an elevated or standpipe-type storage facility when used in conjuction with our hydropeunmatic pressure tank and control package. The Series VI package can be easily installed by an outside contractor or by in house personnel having basic construction skills.
Proven Performance – Completely prewired and tested to assure smooth startup
Easy Installation – Systems can be operational the day they are delivered, minimizing installation costs
Operator Friendly – For service, motors are easily removed through roof hatches using lifting equipment. No disassembly of the pump liquid end is required, and no realignment is required
The VI Series Pre-engineered Booster Pumping Station is designed to move water to storage facilities at higher elevations or to pump up hydropneumatic systems. Duplex stations are standard but stations with three or more pumps are available. In automatic mode, controls respond to a call to run from telemetry, radio, or pressure switch sources. An alternator selects a lead pump to run. If required, a second or lag pump can be activated. Any pump can be taken off-line for service while other pumps continue to respond to demands for water.
- Heavy, continuous duty pumps and motors
- Suction and discharge isolation lug pattern butterfly valves for each pump
- Wafer style check valves with stainless steel disc and spring for each pump
- Stainless steel cased pressure gauges on suction and discharge
- Low suction pressure switch and associated circuitry protect against a loss of suction
- U.L. listed 508 control panels meet NEMA 4 and NEMA 12
- Highest quality electrical components: motor-rated molded case circuit breakers, individual pump starters and overload relays, mechanical alternator, operator adjustable timer relays, all in one integrated control panel
- Hand-off-automatic selector switches, run lights, and elapsed time meters for each pump
- Lightning/surge arrestor and phase failure relay.
- Fail-safe circuitry lets the second pump energize and take over the duty cycle if the first pump called to service fails due to overload
- Complete O&M manuals guide users through troubleshooting, servicing and spare/replacement parts selection
- Programmable controller with full feature software (standard on some systems, available on all) includes many extra features and allows easy add-ons for others
- Part-winding start, soft start, and variable speed drives to meet power utility and system performance requirements
- Booster pump control valve function added to discharge butterfly valves prevents starting and stopping surges. All stainless steel construction and positive speed control provide superior dependability and performance
- Integral flow meter and strainer (with transmitter option) allows easy reading and avoids the expense of a separate meter installation
- Chlorination equipment to boost residuals in distant sections of a distribution system.
Standard enclosures for duplex units are 10′-0″ x 12′-0″ x 8′-0″ high prestressed concrete with double 3′-0″ x 6′-6″ doors on one side (see spec. sheet 120.51) or fiberglass.
Chlorination equipment room extends the end of each enclosure an additional 2′-0″. Larger enclosures are available.
Enclosures come with a pre-installed lighting, heating and ventilation package. An optional air conditioning package is available.