Medium to High Heads and Flows
The Series VT package provides an efficient solution to the need for higher horsepower availability in more demanding pumping applications. With flows from 200 to 7,000 gpm, and heads limited only by pipeline design, the Serives VT delivers guaranteed results in a cost-effective and easy-to-install package. When used to provide water to a single tank or as the primary pumping facility for an entire water system, you can be sure you have invested in a pre-engineered product that is up to the task. With our many control and enclosure options, the Series VT is the perfectly designed product, offering superior quality at a reasonable price.
Proven Performance – Completely prewired and tested to assure smooth startup
Easy Installation – Systems can be operational the day they are delivered, minimizing installation costs
High Efficiency pump bowls and impellers in a specified flow range, with multiple stages used to achieve desired head
Lower Electrical Cost – Efficient pump design yields lower power consumption, and the VFD option can result in lowered peak demand charges
Operator Friendly – For service, motors are easily removed through roof hatches using lifting equipment. No disassembly of the pump liquid end is required, and no realignment is required
The VT Series Pre-engineered Booster Pumping Station is designed to move water to storage facilities at higher elevations and/or to overcome friction losses in transmission pipe lines. Duplex stations are standard but stations with three or more pumps are available. In automatic mode, controls respond to a call to run from telemetry, radio, or pressure switch sources. An alternator selects a lead pump to run. If required, a second or lag pump can be activated. Any pump can be taken off-line for service while other pumps continue to respond to demands for water.
- Heavy, continuous duty pumps and motors
- Suction and discharge isolation lug pattern butterfly valves for each pump
- Wafer style check valves with stainless steel disc and spring for each pump
- Stainless steel cased pressure gauges on suction and discharge
- Low suction pressure switch and associated circuitry protect against a loss of suction
- U.L. listed 508 control panels meet NEMA 4 and NEMA 12
- Highest quality electrical components: motor-rated molded case circuit breakers, individual pump starters and overload relays, mechanical alternator, operator adjustable timer relays, all in one integrated control panel
- Hand-off-automatic selector switches, run lights, and elapsed time meters for each pump
- Lightning/surge arrestor and phase failure relay.
- Fail-safe circuitry lets the second pump energize and take over the duty cycle if the first pump called to service fails due to overload
- Complete O&M manuals guide users through troubleshooting, servicing and spare/replacement parts selection
- Programmable controller with full feature software (standard on some systems, available on all) includes many extra features and allows easy add-ons for others
- Part-winding start, soft start, and variable speed drives to meet power utility and system performance requirements
- Booster pump control valve function added to discharge butterfly valves prevents starting and stopping surges. All stainless steel construction and positive speed control provide superior dependability and performance
- Integral flow meter and strainer (with transmitter option) allows easy reading and avoids the expense of a separate meter installation
- Chlorination equipment to boost residuals in distant sections of a distribution system.
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
The VFD option combines the following functions:
- Lowers electrical starting loads to meet electric utility provider requirements
- Prevents starting and stopping hydraulic surges that damage pipe lines
- Lowers electrical utility costs by using only the horsepower required to meet current flow demands, thereby limiting peak electrical demand charges
- Accommodates both current and future design conditions
- Remotely controls pumping rate