Fiberglass Belt Drive Duct Vane Axial Fan
The addition of a specially designed vane section to the duct axial fan changes the Series 35V Fiberglass Duct Axial Fan’s design configuration to a duct vaneaxial fan. The addition of the vane section to the discharge side makes it perform efficiently as a low-powered vaneaxial on the upper side of its pressure curve. Near free air, the guide vanes offer no advantages; but beyond the mid-range, the vanes provide about 30% more static pressure with the same horsepower.
The purpose of the discharge vane is two-fold: air leaves any axial fan wheel with a rotational component to the flow that increases from free air to block-off. The rotational component (spin) is straightened by the vanes to give a smoother flow leaving the fan discharge. A large part of the rotational kinetic energy is converted to potential energy, resulting in higher static pressure for the fan.
The resin used on fiberglass axial flow fans is vinyl ester with antimony oxide added to achieve a Class I flame spread rate of below 25, per ASTM E84 tunnel test standards. Fan construction conforms to ASTM Standard D4167 for fiber-reinforced plastic fans and blowers, when specified.
Internal bolts are stainless steel and resin-coated after assembly. Monel bolts are optional.
Also available in a Belt drive model without vanes. See Series 35.
Additional Series 35V features:
- Corrosion-duty construction
- Suitable for temperatures up to 200°F
- Six-blade solid fiberglass airfoil propeller (type E)
- Heavy-duty, self-aligning, re-greasable bearings
- Solid fiberglass fan housing
- Extended lubrication tubes from bearings to exterior of fan housing are standard
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Supplied packaged, assembled and ready to install
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available
Size: 12″ – 60″
Material Type: Fiberglass
Pressure Range: 0-1.5″ s.p.1.5-3″ s.p.3-8″ s.p.
ABS Certified: Yes
AMCA Certified: Yes
Chemical, Heavy Industry, Pulp and Paper, Water and Wastewater