Ultra fine screen with square mesh and excellent solids separation results
- Removal of fibrous material and hairs
- Increased operational stability of membrane bioreactors (hollow fiber and plate module systems)
- Significant COD/BOD reduction in river and sea outfalls
The ROTAMAT® Membrane Screen is used for screening of municipal and industrial wastewater and for separation of fibres and hairs. The screen can be installed either directly into a channel or a separate tank.
For the new type of membrane bioreactors that have recently been put on the market the efficiency of conventional screens with typical bar spacings and perforations of 3-10 mm is no longer sufficient.
The user’s benefits
- Screening with a defined separation size provided by the square mesh
- Removal of hairs, fibres and fine suspended material
- Increased operational stability of subsequent membrane bioreactors
- Fine screening of large wastewater volumes in a gravity line without the need for lifting the wastewater; low headloss
- Extensive reduction of COD/BOD in river and sea outfall applications
- High efficiency through combination of screening, (washing if required), compaction, transport, dewatering and discharge of screenings in one compact unit
- Ideal for installation in existing channels
- Periodic high-pressure washing at 120 bar (twice a day) eliminates sedimentation on the screen basket.
- An especially designed sealing between the channel and screen basket prevents unscreened wastewater from passing through the screen basket.